Sunday, May 8, 2011

National Scrapbook Day

I LOVE National Scrapbook Day and I always try to do a little scrapping!

I guess I am quite emotional this week as this NSD got me all emotional and sappy! I was thinking about when I first started scrapping 13 years ago!

I must start by telling you that about a year before I started scrapping, a friend showed me her scrapbook and I thought she was CRAZY for spending all that money and time on her album... Then I got pregnant with my first precious little boy and I decided I HAD to start scrapping! I remember those first few layouts, I was SO frugal! We didn't have much money AND we lived in Japan where scrapping supplies were very limited. I would be oh so very careful what I put on each layout not wanted to use up all my precious supplies.

My how things have changed over the last 12 years! I am not longer totally frugal, in fact I can be quite indulgent on my scrappy supplies. I am thankful to have a husband who supports me and knows that I LOVE my hobby. I want to make each layout special and if it means using the very last sheet of my favorite paper or using the last spritz of my favorite color glimmer mist, then so be it!

Before scrapping I tried several other hobbies like pottery, painting, crocheting and cross stitching. I was totally known for starting projects and NEVER EVER completing them. So when I told Brian I was going to start scrapping I am sure it thought it would be another of my temporary hobbies. Now, I have long quit pottery, painting and cross stitching but being the frugal gal I am, I kept all the tools, paint brushes and floss and I use them in my scrapping now! So, those hobbies were not a complete waste! haha

The only other hobby I have is photography but I think scrappy and photography go hand in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment